THE GROWING PROBLEM OF TEMPOROMANDIBULAR JOINT DISORDERS
The most common causes are teeth grinding (bruxism) or clenching your teeth, or misaligned teeth. Less commonly is joint disorders and underlying joint disease.
Other types of stress, unrelated to the use of the jaw muscles, can also increase the discomfort of TMJ.
Often the cause is multifactioral and a full assessment is required to find the best treatment options for you. These treatment types may include, splint (mouthguard therapy), anti-inflammatories, physio, orthodontic re-alignment of teeth, Botox. Book in for a consultation and we can assess your needs further.
Many TMJ Conditions Respond Well to TMJ Treatment
We focus on:
- Thorough assessment of your condition
- Professional and effective TMJ treatment including splint therapy or botox.
- Correction of underlying causes
- Lasting results
- Helping you understand and manage your condition
- We will direct you to a relevant specialist if we find our approach to TMJ treatment is not appropriate for your TMJ condition.